The HP ProCurve Switch 2500 Series consists of Layer 2 managed 12- and 24-port switches. The switches include two Gigabit transceiver slots for copper or fiber connectivity, including 100Base-FX. The 2512 and 2534 switches have a proven track record of reliability and feature an industry-leading warranty and next-day advance replacement.
• 9.6 Gbps switch fabric integrated on-chip: high-performance switch design with a non-blocking architecture
Resiliency and high availability
• IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and ProCurve trunking : support a single trunk with up to 4 links (ports)
Layer 2 switching
• VLAN support and tagging: support up to 30 port-based VLANs and dynamic configuration of 802.1Q VLAN tagging, providing security between workgroups
• Port security: allows access only to specified MAC addresses, which can be learned or specified by the administrator
• IP multicast snooping and data-driven IGMP: automatically prevents flooding of IP multicast traffic
Quality of Service (QoS)
• IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
• RMON and XRMON: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events